- Install smoke alarms and monitor frequently. These should be installed preferably in or near bedrooms.
- Have a fire escape plan.
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector.
- Practice Kitchen Fire Safety.
- Keep matches and lighters out of sight.
- Careless smoking causes fires.
- Use electricity safely.
- Use caution with Space Heaters and Portable Heaters.
- Housekeeping including removing potential hazards and keeping the furnace room free from combustibles.
- Stop, Drop and Roll if your clothes catch on fire.
Thanks to Rick from the Winnipeg Fire Department for coming out and speaking to our membership today. Below are 10 Fire Safety Tips:
Janet Lewis Anderson
Hi everyone. As most of you know, I am your Webmaster. Welcome to our Blog Page.