- Install smoke alarms and monitor frequently. These should be installed preferably in or near bedrooms.
- Have a fire escape plan.
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector.
- Practice Kitchen Fire Safety.
- Keep matches and lighters out of sight.
- Careless smoking causes fires.
- Use electricity safely.
- Use caution with Space Heaters and Portable Heaters.
- Housekeeping including removing potential hazards and keeping the furnace room free from combustibles.
- Stop, Drop and Roll if your clothes catch on fire.
Thanks to Rick from the Winnipeg Fire Department for coming out and speaking to our membership today. Below are 10 Fire Safety Tips:
CNPA of Manitoba is excited to introduce The CNPA Trade Bursary. This is a first time for such a bursary to be sponsored by the Manitoba Association. The intent of this bursary is to assist financially in the educational pursuit and career development of families of the supporting members of the CN Pensioners Association of Manitoba. Two (2) $500 bursaries shall be awarded to the successful applicants. Applications must be received by August 15th, 2017. To learn more about this bursary including the Application and Terms and Conditions, please click here.
Applications Can Now be Emailed
This year we are also pleased to announce that we will now receive applications for both the Harvey Hosfield Bursary and Trade Bursary via email. Please refer to the Applications and Terms and Conditions for instructions on how to submit your applications. All required documentation including the application for each program must be attached to the one email in order to be eligible for consideration. Sending documents in multiple or separate emails will result in your application being disqualified.
Janet Lewis Anderson
Hi everyone. As most of you know, I am your Webmaster. Welcome to our Blog Page.